Why Is Needle-Free Important?
- According to OSHA, there are between 600,000-800,000 needlestick injuries every year in the U.S. alone.
- Needlestick injuries can expose healthcare workers to up to 20 different blood borne pathogens including HIV and hepatitis B and/or C.
- Each needlestick injury costs approximately $3,000 for lab fees, labor, post-exposure follow-ups, etc.
- Eliminate needle = reduce these problems and improve the patient experience
Clear Benefits of Needle-Free Injectors
Expand Immunization Coverage
- Needle-free injectors can expand influenza immunization coverage by attracting those that normally forego flu shots due to fear/anxiety of needles
Eliminate Risks of Needles
- No needlestick injuries
- No needle reuse
- No cross-contamination or spread of infectious disease
Reduce Health Care Costs
- No need for sharps management and disposal costs
- Eliminate costs for needlestick injury testing and treatment
Protect Patient and Practitioner; Better Patient Experience
- Safe, auto-disabling, needle-free syringe